Subject: Re: bug#9470: 24.0.50; Possible bidi-related slowness

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 22:42:31 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> The question is, what is "exciting", and what should we do when we
> "bail out"?

I defer to you what would be exciting.  :-)  I would have thought the
presence of no strongly R2L characters would be a measure of
non-excitingness...

>> "Paragraphs" like the one presented, with 200K lines, are a pretty
>> terminal case, and no "real" text ever looks like that.  I think.
>
> Right, but I can easily concoct an example of equally un-exciting
> long paragraph that is full of R2L text, and should be displayed
> starting at the right margin of the window.

A R2L paragraph that doesn't have any R2L characters in the first 200K
lines checked?  I'm sceptical about how many of those you find in real
life.  :-)

Being emailed huge logs of various kinds is not uncommon, though.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/