Subject: bug#9470: 24.0.50; Possible bidi-related slowness

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 21:41:44 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Surely, I cannot possibly want that, can I?

No, it sounded odd.  :-)

> That setting just tells Emacs to display text starting at the left
> margin of the window.  It doesn't stop reordering R2L text for display
> (see the node "Bidirectional Display" in the ELisp manual).

Hm.  Then why isn't that the default, then?

> Anyway, what do you mean by "article buffer"?  (I don't use Gnus.)
> What does it display?  If it displays text of a single article, then
> how come you gave me text is an infinite sequence of identical lines?

It displays the text of a single article.

This particular article was mainly composed of 197K lines looking like
that.  There was a paragraph at the beginning.

(It was an IMAP bug report.)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/