Subject: bug#9447: 24.0.50; woman loses single quotes

From: Eric Hanchrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 18:07:27 -0700

I typed M-x woman RET Moose::Manual::Classes RET.

I saw (among other text) this:

       package Person;
       use Moose;
       has ssn => ( is => rw );

That looks perfectly plausible.  But I eventually realized that there
are supposed to be single-quotes around the "ssn" and the "rw".  M-x man
gets it right (although for some reason it has some blank lines):

         package Person;

         use Moose;

         has 'ssn' => ( is => 'rw' );

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.4)
 of 2011-08-22 on erich-laptop
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11001000
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: WoMan

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-u C-n C-u C-n C-u C-n C-u C-n C-n C-n M-0 C-l C-v
C-n M-0 C-l SPC C-v C-v C-l C-v SPC SPC SPC C-x b s
h e <return> C-c C-p M-0 C-l C-v C-l C-v C-v C-v C-l
M-> C-x b <return> C-u C-n C-u C-n C-u C-n C-u C-n
M-0 C-l C-u C-u C-n C-u C-n C-u C-n M-0 C-l C-u C-u
C-n C-u C-n M-0 C-l C-u C-n C-u C-n C-n C-n M-m <return>
C-u C-u C-n C-u C-n C-u C-n C-u C-n C-u C-n M-0 C-l
C-u C-u C-n C-u C-n M-0 C-l C-v C-v C-l q C-e M-b <return>
C-v C-v C-x 2 C-x C-b C-x 0 C-u C-u C-n C-u C-n C-u
C-n C-l M-m <return> C-u C-n C-u C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n
C-n M-0 C-l C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v q C-n C-n C-n
C-n <return> C-u C-u C-n C-u C-n C-u C-n C-p C-p C-SPC
C-n C-n C-n M-w C-/ C-x C-j C-s m o o s e : : m a n
C-w : : c l C-e C-SPC M-b M-b M-b M-b M-b M-w C-x b
s h e <return> d l o c a t e SPC C-y <return> C-p C-a
C-M-SPC M-w M-> a p t i t u s <backspace> d e SPC s
h o w SPC C-y <return> C-c C-p C-n C-n C-n C-n C-b
C-b C-SPC M-b M-b M-w M-> C-x b C-s <return> M-x m
a n <return> M-p M-p M-n C-e : : M a n <tab> : : C
l a s s <tab> <return> C-x o C-s s s n C-a C-x o C-p
C-p C-p M-0 C-l M-x r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u g
<return>

Recent messages:
uncompressing Moose::Manual::Unsweetened.3pm.gz...done
WoMan formatting buffer...done in 0.023766 seconds
Mark set
/usr/share/man/man3/
Mark saved where search started
Mark set [7 times]
Invoking man Moose::Manual::Classes in the background
Please wait: formatting the Moose::Manual::Classes man page...
Moose::Manual::Classes man page formatted
Mark saved where search started

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/custom hides /usr/local/src/emacs-git/master/lisp/custom

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug
tabify rect cperl-mode vc-dir ewoc vc ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind
ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff vc-dispatcher
disp-table jka-compr dabbrev pcmpl-unix shell pcomplete dired-aux
multi-isearch epa-file epa epg epg-config tramp tramp-compat format-spec
tramp-loaddefs ffap js2-mode-autoloads swank-clojure-autoloads
clojure-mode-autoloads slime-repl-autoloads slime-autoloads package
tabulated-list ibuf-ext scribble woman man midnight uniquify warnings
magit diff-mode log-edit pcvs-util add-log magit-bisect magit-key-mode
vc-git autorevert paste-to-dropbox ansi-color geiser-racket geiser-guile
geiser-repl geiser-doc geiser-compile geiser-debug geiser-menu
geiser-company geiser-autodoc advice advice-preload eldoc info-look info
geiser-edit etags geiser-completion easy-mmode geiser-eval
geiser-connection tq geiser-syntax scheme geiser-log derived
geiser-popup view geiser-impl help-fns geiser-custom geiser-base geiser
path server starttls smtpmail auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv macroexp assoc gnus-util password-cache sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils grep compile
comint ring cl find-func ibuf-macs ibuffer ido dired-x easymenu dired
regexp-opt edmacro kmacro rx autoinsert time protbuf time-date tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)