Subject: Re: bug#942: NTEmacs hangs with cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\libXpm.dll

From: "Juanma Barranquero" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 15:37:23 +0200

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 13:58, Joshua S. <[email-masked]> wrote:

> It may need a special notice about this when you distribute xpm-enabled
> NTEmacs binaries.
> I know a few users who get into this trouble.

Perhaps it would be worth noting it somewhere, but the trouble is not
Emacs-specific. Other MinGW-built free software using image libraries
could fall in the same trap.

>>>  You can also modify `image-library-alist' in your path. There's no
>
>>  s/path/.emacs/
>
> This does not work when I do "make bootstrap".

True. This could be circumvented with "make PATH=... bootstrap", but
again, it is best not to have Cygwin in the path (or, at the very
least, not before the Emacs binary directory) unless needed.

> I will do the registry thing. Thank you for information.

> It does not work.

Yes, you're right. I misremembered that Emacs looks for HOME. Sorry.

 Juanma