Subject: Manual should clearly define "group name"

From: Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 11:38:21 -0800

Many times when customizing things for Gnus I have a pattern to match
groups, but it's never entirely clear to me against what the pattern
will be matched.  Will it be <method>+<server>:<group>, or simply
<group>?  Is the answer different depending on whether <method> is a
primary or secondary select method?  A general policy should be spelled
out in the manual, and IMO you should consider adding cross-references
each time group names or group name regexps come up.

Thanks

No Gnus v0.18
GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0, Carbon Version 1.6.0 AppKit 1038.36)
 of 2011-07-31 on vulcan
200 Leafnode NNTP Daemon, version 1.11.8 running at localhost (my fqdn: pluto.boostpro.com)
500 Unknown command

-- 
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing
http://www.boostpro.com