Subject: Re: Manual should clearly define "group name"

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 17:13:49 +0200

Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]> writes:

> Okay, that's useful information that could be in the doc.

Do you have a suggestion where?

> I'm guessing that if it's a primary select method, it'll be <group> and
> if a secondary select method it'll be <method>+<server>:<group>.  Is
> that correct?

Almost.  If it's a non-native group, it'll be the latter.

> With my idea of "latter" being so off-the-mark, it's no wonder I was
> confused.  Thanks for your patience.

:-)

> Well, but they're more defensive than they need to be, aren't they?
> They both will match any of the following three patterns.
>
>       <method>+<server>:<group>
>       <server>:<group>
>       <group>
>
>>>From what you've said so far I'm guessing that even if I want to be
> resilient against servers switching from primary to secondary select
> methods, the middle pattern is unnecessary.  Is that right?

Yup.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/