Subject: bug#9408: closed (Re: bug#9408: A simple patch)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 07:34:02 +0000

Your bug report

#9408: 23.3; vc-git-grep doesn't link to files when git grep uses colour

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
9408: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=9408
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#9408: A simple patch
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 03:30:18 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.1

Thanks; applied.

Subject: 23.3; vc-git-grep doesn't link to files when git grep uses colour
From: Wilfred Hughes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 11:55:13 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

1. disable colour for git by doing the following in a shell: $ git
config --global color.ui never

2. open a file that is in a git repository: (in my case: C-x C-f
~/gxbo/cron.yaml)

3. search for something that exists using vc-git-grep: (in my case: M-x
vc-git-grep RET backend RET * RET ~/gxbo RET)

4. results are returned that links to the files where the results were
found

5. enable colour for git: $ git config --global color.ui always

6. repeat the search with vc-git grep

7. results are just plain text and hitting RET on them gives "no git hit
here".

Compared with using grep, I note that my search term 'backend' is not
highlighted. I don't know if that's related.

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.5)
 of 2011-08-21 on ovide
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11003901
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr' '--sysconfdir=/etc'
'--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var' '--without-sound'
'--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-xft' 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64
-mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'
'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,--hash-style=gnu''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
C-x C-f c r o n . y <tab> <return> M-x v c - g i <tab>
g r e <tab> <return> b a c k e n d <return> * <return>
C-f <return> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-x v c - g i
<tab> g <tab> <return> b a c k e n d <return> * <return>
<return> C-x o M-> M-< C-x o M-x r e p o r <tab> <
return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Loading vc-git...done
call-interactively: End of buffer
Grep finished (matches found) [2 times]
Mark set [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message idna sendmail regexp-opt ecomplete rfc822
mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mailcap mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev
nnheader gnus-util netrc time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit
mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug grep
compile comint ring vc-git tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties
overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
system-font-setting font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)