Subject: bug#9406: 24.0.50; Use M-p/M-n to navigate through the kill ring

From: Deniz Dogan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 20:13:29 +0200

On 2011-08-30 14:27, Juri Linkov wrote:
>>> This is implemented in
>>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-03/msg01176.html
>>> where after M-y you can use M-p/M-n to navigate through the kill ring.
>>
>> I see, but why we should type M-y at all?  I would like to type
>> M-p/M-n just after C-y.
>
> Yes, this would be good.  So it could work exactly like `C-s M-p'
> in Isearch mode where `M-p' activates the minibuffer.  `C-y M-p'
> could do the same.
>

I strongly oppose it.  I've used M-n and M-p for forward-paragraph and 
backward-paragraph for years and I'm sure many other people use them for 
other things too.  Please, leave M-n and M-p for other things than 
browsing the kill ring in this manner.  There is already many different 
ways to do this, all on the Emacs Wiki.[1]

Deniz

[1]: http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki?BrowseKillRing