Subject: bug#9403: [emacs] [./configure error] Emacs hasn't been ported to `powerpc-gnu-linux-uclibc' systems

From: Douglas Mencken <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 00:28:39 +0200

I got this while building GNU/Emacs.
I supposed it's very portable.
In MACHINES file, I can read that only Yellow Dog distro is supported,
regardless of everything...

Of course, all of the above is just plain *false*.

With the following sed command:
sed -i 's/powerpc\*-\*-linux-gnu\*/powerpc*-*-linux-*/' ./configure.in
I've been able to get working GNU/Emacs, even with Snake game :)

Configured for `powerpc-gnu-linux-uclibc'.

  Where should the build process find the source code?
/root/build-farm/emacs-v23.3.builddir
  What operating system and machine description files should Emacs use?
        `s/gnu-linux.h' and `m/macppc.h'
  What compiler should emacs be built with?
powerpc-gnu-linux-uclibc-gcc  -O3 -Wdeclaration-after-statement
-Wno-pointer-sign
  Should Emacs use the GNU version of malloc?             yes
  Should Emacs use a relocating allocator for buffers?    yes
  Should Emacs use mmap(2) for buffer allocation?         no
  What window system should Emacs use?                    none
  What toolkit should Emacs use?                          none
  Where do we find X Windows header files?                NONE
  Where do we find X Windows libraries?                   NONE
  Does Emacs use -lXaw3d?                                 no
  Does Emacs use -lXpm?                                   no
  Does Emacs use -ljpeg?                                  no
  Does Emacs use -ltiff?                                  no
  Does Emacs use a gif library?                           no
  Does Emacs use -lpng?                                   no
  Does Emacs use -lrsvg-2?                                no
  Does Emacs use -lgpm?                                   yes
  Does Emacs use -ldbus?                                  no
  Does Emacs use -lgconf?                                 no
  Does Emacs use -lfreetype?                              no
  Does Emacs use -lm17n-flt?                              no
  Does Emacs use -lotf?                                   no
  Does Emacs use -lxft?                                   no
  Does Emacs use toolkit scroll bars?                     no