Subject: Re: bug#9402: list-colors-display

From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 21:22:02 +0200

Juri Linkov skrev 2011-08-31 20:35:

>>
>> Obviously, I disagree.  Emacs should have the same defaults on all
>> platforms, as much as possible.  People such as myself who use Emacs
>> on multiple platforms become very confused when the colors they expect
>> don't show.
>
> For users that use more applications beside Emacs on one platform
> it's annoying when Emacs doesn't follow common system-wide look and feel.
>
> I think there are more users that use many applications on one platform
> and want all of them look the same than the number of users who use
> just Emacs and switch platforms frequently.
>
>

I use Emacs on multiple platforms and I do want Emacs to look like other 
applications on respective platform.  But I think you are right about the 
majority.

	Jan D.