Subject: gnus-auto-select-next is dangerous

From: Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 00:28:43 -0800

On a keyboard with a fast repeat rate, holding down `n' in the summary
buffer is liable to unintentionally mark large numbers of articles read
and then “commit” the changes by exiting the group, quite possibly
losing track of important messages forever.  Even if you have
gnus-auto-select-next set to ask for confirmation, the confirmation key
for continuing into the next group is―you guessed it―`n'.  IMO two
changes are in order:

#1 - change the default for this from `t' to `slightly-quietly'

#2 - make the confirmation use `yes-or-no-p' or something other than
     plain `n' to move onward.

No Gnus v0.18
GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0, Carbon Version 1.6.0 AppKit 1038.36)
 of 2011-07-31 on vulcan
200 Leafnode NNTP Daemon, version 1.11.8 running at localhost (my fqdn: pluto.boostpro.com)
500 Unknown command

-- 
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing
http://www.boostpro.com