Subject: bug#9394: coreutils-8.7 - few test cases failed

From: Toralf Förster <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 18:56:34 +0200

At an almost stable Gentoo I get :

======================================
6 of 212 tests failed                                                                                                                                                 
(15 tests were not run)                                                                                                                                               
See gnulib-tests/test-suite.log                                                                                                                                       
Please report to [email-masked]                                                                                                                                
======================================                                                                                                                                

My system :

n22 ~ # emerge --info coreutils
Portage 2.1.10.11 (default/linux/x86/10.0/desktop/kde, gcc-4.4.5, 
glibc-2.12.2-r0, 2.6.39.4 i686)
=================================================================
                        System Settings
=================================================================
System uname: [email-masked]
with-gentoo-2.0.3
Timestamp of tree: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 08:45:01 +0000
ccache version 2.4 [enabled]
app-shells/bash:          4.1_p9
dev-java/java-config:     2.1.11-r3
dev-lang/python:          2.7.1-r1, 3.1.3-r1
dev-util/ccache:          2.4-r9
dev-util/cmake:           2.8.4-r1
dev-util/pkgconfig:       0.26
sys-apps/baselayout:      2.0.3
sys-apps/openrc:          0.8.3-r1
sys-apps/sandbox:         2.4
sys-devel/autoconf:       2.13, 2.68
sys-devel/automake:       1.9.6-r3, 1.10.3, 1.11.1
sys-devel/binutils:       2.20.1-r1
sys-devel/gcc:            4.4.5
sys-devel/gcc-config:     1.4.1-r1
sys-devel/libtool:        2.4-r1
sys-devel/make:           3.82
sys-kernel/linux-headers: 2.6.36.1 (virtual/os-headers)
sys-libs/glibc:           2.12.2
Repositories: gentoo betagarden toralf
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="*"
CBUILD="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=native -pipe"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/share/config /usr/share/gnupg/qualified.txt"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ 
/etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/php/apache2-
php5.3/ext-active/ /etc/php/cgi-php5.3/ext-active/ /etc/php/cli-php5.3/ext-
active/ /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=native -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--autounmask=n"
FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-logs ccache compress-build-logs distlocks 
ebuild-locks fixlafiles fixpackages news parallel-fetch protect-owned sandbox 
sfperms strict test unknown-features-warn unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans 
userfetch"
FFLAGS=""
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://mirror.leaseweb.com/gentoo/ 
http://gentoo.mirror.dkm.cz/pub/gentoo/ 
http://ftp.snt.utwente.nl/pub/os/linux/gentoo http://gentoo.mneisen.org/"
LANG="en_US.utf8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"
LINGUAS="en en_GB"
MAKEOPTS="-j 3"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --
compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --timeout=180 --
exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/var/lib/layman/betagarden /usr/local/portage"
SYNC="rsync://linux.rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/gentoo-portage"
USE="X a52 aac acl acpi alsa apache2 berkdb bluetooth branding bzip2 cairo 
cdda cdr classic cli consolekit cracklib crypt css cups cxx dbus declarative 
dri dts dvb dvd dvdr emboss encode exif fam fastbuild fat ffmpeg firefox flac 
fortran gdbm gdu gif git gmp gphoto2 gpm gtk hyphenation iconv ipv6 java jpeg 
kde kipi kqemu kvm lastfm lcms ldap libnotify logrotate mad mbox mmx mng 
modules mp3 mp4 mpeg mudflap mysql mysqli ncurses nls nptl nptlonly nsplugin 
ntfs ogg opengl openmp pam pango pcre pdf perl phonon plasma png policykit 
ppds pppd python qt3support qt4 rdesktop readline sdl semantic-desktop session 
sieve spell sse sse2 sse3 ssl ssse3 startup-notification svg sysfs tcpd 
thinkpad tiff tk truetype udev unicode usb vaapi vim-syntax vnc vorbis wmf 
x264 x86 xcb xcomposite xinerama xml xorg xpm xscreensaver xulrunner xv xvfb 
xvid zlib" ALSA_CARDS="hda-intel" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix 
dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear 
meter mmap_emul mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" 
APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic auth_digest authn_anon authn_dbd 
authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile 
authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgi dav dav_fs dav_lock dbd 
deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers ident 
imagemap include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation 
proxy proxy_ajp proxy_balancer proxy_connect proxy_http rewrite setenvif so 
speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" 
CALLIGRA_FEATURES="kexi words flow plan stage tables krita karbon braindump" 
CAMERAS="ptp2" COLLECTD_PLUGINS="df interface irq load memory rrdtool swap 
syslog" ELIBC="glibc" GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18 
garmin garmintxt gpsclock itrax mtk3301 nmea ntrip navcom oceanserver oldstyle 
oncore rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf superstar2 timing tsip tripmate tnt ubx" 
INPUT_DEVICES="evdev" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk 
hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="en en_GB" 
LIRC_DEVICES="devinput inputlirc" PHP_TARGETS="php5-3" 
QEMU_SOFTMMU_TARGETS="i386 x86_64" QEMU_USER_TARGETS="i386 x86_64" 
RUBY_TARGETS="ruby18" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="intel" 
XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface 
geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac 
delude chaos account"
Unset:  CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, INSTALL_MASK, LC_ALL, PORTAGE_BUNZIP2_COMMAND, 
PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

=================================================================
                        Package Settings
=================================================================

sys-apps/coreutils-8.7 was built with the following:
USE="acl gmp nls unicode -caps (-selinux) -static -vanilla -xattr"
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=native -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=native -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"

-- 
MfG/Sincerely
Toralf Förster
pgp finger print: 7B1A 07F4 EC82 0F90 D4C2 8936 872A E508 7DB6 9DA3