Subject: bug#9392: 24.0.50; rmail-forward produces messages in unsupported format that cannot be customized away

From: Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 12:41:37 +0900

In article <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks for the review.  I installed a slightly modified version on the
> trunk (revno 105694).

rmail-forward still has a problem when a message has an
attachment file.  For instance, when I have a message
something like this in RMAIL:

------------------------------------------------------------
[...]
[1:text/plain Hide]

test of attachment

[2:application/pdf Show Save:temp.pdf (2kB)]
------------------------------------------------------------

typing f inserts just this in "part" part of *unsent mail to
...* buffer:

------------------------------------------------------------
From: Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: test from shatin
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 14:14:58 +0900
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="=-=-="

[1:text/plain Hide]

test of attachment

[2:application/pdf Show Save:temp.pdf (2kB)]
------------------------------------------------------------

It's the content of rmail-view buffer and thus the outgoing
mail doesn't contain the correct attachment.

In Emacs 23.3, the content of "part" part was the original
whole message, and thus the outgoing mail surely contains an
attachment in a correct MIME form.

I'm attaching the same sample file so that you can see what
I described by typing 'f' in RMAIL.

---
Kenichi Handa
[email-masked]