Subject: bug#9391: closed (Re: bug#9391: 24.0.50; vc-responsible-backend return wrong information about backend)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 07:38:01 +0000

Your bug report

#9391: 24.0.50; vc-responsible-backend return wrong information about backend

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
9391: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=9391
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#9391: 24.0.50; vc-responsible-backend return wrong information about backend
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 03:34:30 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.1

Thanks; applied.

Subject: 24.0.50; vc-responsible-backend return wrong information about backend
From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 07:57:12 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,
if i do from a Hg controlled directory "~/foo/bar" (or git, bzr):

(vc-responsible-backend "~/foo/bar")

It return RCS (when foo contain a RCS directory).

Same here:(of course)

(loop for i in vc-handled-backends thereis 
     (when (vc-call-backend i 'responsible-p "~/foo/bar") i))

This is due to vc-rcs-responsible-p that return wrong info.

Here a fix:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(defun vc-rcs-responsible-p (file)
  "Return non-nil if RCS thinks it would be responsible for registering FILE."
  ;; TODO: check for all the patterns in vc-rcs-master-templates
  (file-directory-p (expand-file-name "RCS" (if (file-directory-p file)
                                                file (file-name-directory file)))))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.3 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2011-08-27 on thierry-MM061
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11001000
configured using `configure  '--with-x-toolkit=lucid''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  anything-dired-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
a u s e SPC t h e SPC c o d e SPC i s SPC u n c h a 
n g e d . <return> <up> <up> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> s <backspace> <right> 
s <backspace> <backspace> C-c C-c y <up> <up> <up> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
C-M-SPC M-w <up> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
C-M-SPC M-w C-z 2 M-: M-p M-p M-p M-p M-p M-p M-p M-p 
M-p <return> M-: M-p M-p M-p M-p M-p M-p M-p M-p M-p 
M-p M-p C-g C-y C-_ M-: C-y C-a ( a a d d <backspace> 
- d e a c t i <tab> SPC SPC C-y C-y <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> ' ' C-e C-e ) ) <return> 
C-z C-a <down> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
C-M-SPC M-w <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> M-: M-p <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> C-y C-y <return> <return> C-z 
C-a M-: M-p M-p M-p <return> M-: M-p C-k C-g C-z C-a 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <right> 
<right> C-M-SPC M-w C-z C-a M-: ( C-y SPC SPC M-" M-" 
~ / l a b o / a n y t h i n g - c o n f i g - q p <right> 
) ) <return> M-: M-p C-k C-g M-x <return>

Recent messages:
Evaluating...
RCS
Quit
Mark set
Evaluating...
RCS
Quit

Scanning for dabbrevs...100%

Load-path shadows:
~/elisp/tex-site hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tex-site

Features:
(dabbrev vc-bzr vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs tla smerge-mode dvc-state
dvc-config diff dvc-cmenu dvc-about dvc-version mailalias smtpmail
sendmail shadow emacsbug epa-mail qp flow-fill smiley gnus-cite
mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml tramp-cache tramp-sh cal-iso
find-func nndraft nnmh utf-7 nnimap utf7 nnml nnfolder rot13 netrc
network-stream starttls tls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache gnus-dired ido iswitchb rst make-mode
sh-script vc-rcs preview prv-emacs tex-buf reftex-vcr reftex-dcr
reftex-auc reftex imenu reftex-vars font-latex latex tex-style tex
latexenc conf-mode newcomment vc-git xgit-dvc xgit xgit-annotate
dvc-annotate xgit-log dvc-revlist xhg-dvc xhg xhg-annotate xhg-mq
xhg-log dvc-diff uniquify dvc-fileinfo bzr-core xdarcs-core xgit-core
xhg-core xmtn-minimal naquadah-theme em-unix em-script em-prompt em-ls
em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic esh-opt em-banner
em-alias esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-ext esh-proc esh-groups eshell
esh-module esh-mode align-let server slime-xref-browser slime-banner
slime-tramp slime-asdf slime-fancy slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu
slime-references slime-scratch slime-presentations slime-fuzzy
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-parse slime-repl image-file newsticker newst-treeview
newst-plainview newst-reader newst-ticker newst-backend lpr em-term term
ehelp electric pdbtrack whitespace paren time winner mime-w3m mime
eword-decode mel path-util mime-parse std11 luna mime-def mcharset
mcs-20 mcs-e20 pces pces-e20 pces-20 broken pcustom poe w3m-load
help-mode view avoid recentf tree-widget savehist googlecl google-maps
google-maps-static google-maps-geocode google-maps-base json
simple-call-tree el-expectations el-mock csv2org iedit zop-to-char
mule-util alist pym static apel-ver product elscreen smallurl mm-url
xml-weather rectangle-utils tv-utils pcvs pcvs-parse pcvs-info pcvs-defs
auto-document autodoc mb-depth ioccur moz cl-info slime hideshow
hyperspec slime-autoloads boxquote rect ledger-config ledger esh-arg
esh-util woman man esh-toggle em-xtra flymake ipython python-mode
info-look ansi-color executable shell eldoc-eval eldoc no-word
regex-tool dired-extension image-dired yaoddmuse skeleton sgml-mode
emms-mplayer-config emms-playlist-limit emms-volume emms-volume-amixer
emms-i18n emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info
emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-lastfm-client parse-time
emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort
emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time
emms-lyrics emms-url hl-line emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line
emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode
emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer emms-info emms-streams later-do
emms-source-playlist emms-source-file emms-player-simple emms-setup emms
emms-compat dvc-init bzr-gnus tla-gnus xgit-gnus xhg-gnus gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nnir gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group
gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader dvc-gnus tla-core tla-autoconf tla-defs
dvc-log vc vc-dispatcher dvc-unified dvc-tips ediff-merg ediff-diff
ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff
dvc-autoloads dvc-core dvc-lisp dvc-buffers dvc-ui dvc-register
dvc-utils dvc-emacs ewoc dvc-defs dvc-site psvn log-edit pcvs-util
add-log diff-mode htmlize-hack htmlize muse-colors muse-docbook
muse-texinfo texnfo-upd texinfo muse-latex muse-html muse-xml-common
muse-wiki cus-edit cus-start cus-load muse-publish muse-project
muse-protocols muse-regexps muse muse-nested-tags muse-mode
muse-autoloads org-config-thierry org-crypt cal-china lunar solar
cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs vc-hg
org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo
org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-info org-gnus
org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-agenda appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs org-annotation-helper org-capture org-mks remember
org-remember org-datetree config-w3m w3m doc-view jka-compr image-mode
timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems wid-edit w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon
w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util addressbook-bookmark message rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader firefox-protocol
bookmark-uzbl-handler bookmark-firefox-handler bookmark-extensions org
ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src
ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-compat org-entities org-macs noutline outline cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs bookmark pp init-anything-thierry descbinds-anything
shell-history anything-complete anything-show-completion
anything-obsolete anything-delicious anything-mercurial anything-stgit
anything-config browse-url rx anything-match-plugin xml url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-util
url-parse url-vars mailcap grep compile comint ring tramp tramp-compat
format-spec tramp-loaddefs dired-x dired-aux dired regexp-opt ffap
thingatpt anything warnings epa-file epa derived epg epg-config
auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp assoc
gnus-util time-date mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache usage-memo
eev-thierry edmacro kmacro iterator eev-all eev-mini-steps
eev-browse-url eev-langs eev-compose eev-glyphs disp-table eev-insert
eev-steps eev-bounded eev easy-mmode advice help-fns advice-preload cl
w3m-wget preview-latex tex-site auto-loads info easymenu tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
A+ Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997