Subject: 24.0.50; image-dired don't display image in it's buffer

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 07:42:04 +0200

Hi,
image-dired-display-image doesn't display image anymore in buffer 
image-dired-display-image-buffer.
I have switched back to bzr 105533 and the problem disapear.
But maybe the problem appear only in further version don't know.
To reproduce do C-t i from dired.

No error, even with debug-on-error turned on.

This don't come directly from image-dired because the code is
unchanged.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.3 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2011-08-27 on thierry-MM061
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11001000
configured using `configure  '--with-x-toolkit=lucid''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  anything-dired-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-> <return> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> C-SPC C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n M-w <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 1 ) C-x m <down> 
<down> <down> <down> v c - d i r SPC <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> v c - d i r e c t <backspace> <backspace> 
SPC <backspace> <backspace> SPC <left> <left> C-h v 
C-g <right> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> d i r SPC <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> d i 
r SPC <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> C-c C-k y <backspace> <backspace> C-x m 
<down> <down> <down> <down> f i SPC <backspace> l e 
SPC <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> C-h c SPC C-c C-k y M-x r e p o r <return> 
I n SPC m e s s g <backspace> a g e SPC b u f f e r 
SPC h i t t i n g SPC S P A C E SPC c o m p l e t e 
SPC t h e SPC <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
d i r SPC t o SPC d i e c t o r y <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> r <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <down> <up> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> C-g <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> M-x r e p o <return>

Recent messages:
Message modified; kill anyway? (y or n)  y
Auto-saving...
(Shell command succeeded with no output)
SPC runs the command self-insert-command
Message modified; kill anyway? (y or n)  y

Collecting symbols...done
goto-history-element: End of history; no default available
Quit

Load-path shadows:
~/elisp/tex-site hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tex-site

Features:
(shadow emacsbug epa-mail qp flow-fill smiley gnus-cite mail-extr
gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml tramp-cache tramp-sh cal-iso find-func
nndraft nnmh utf-7 nnimap utf7 nnml nnfolder rot13 netrc network-stream
starttls tls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache gnus-dired ido iswitchb rst make-mode sh-script
vc-rcs preview prv-emacs tex-buf reftex-vcr reftex-dcr reftex-auc reftex
imenu reftex-vars font-latex latex tex-style tex latexenc conf-mode
newcomment vc-git xgit-dvc xgit xgit-annotate dvc-annotate xgit-log
dvc-revlist xhg-dvc xhg xhg-annotate xhg-mq xhg-log dvc-diff uniquify
dvc-fileinfo bzr-core xdarcs-core xgit-core xhg-core xmtn-minimal
naquadah-theme em-unix em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob
em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic esh-opt em-banner em-alias esh-var esh-io
esh-cmd esh-ext esh-proc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode align-let
server slime-xref-browser slime-banner slime-tramp slime-asdf
slime-fancy slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-scratch slime-presentations slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-inspector
slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-parse slime-repl
image-file newsticker newst-treeview newst-plainview newst-reader
newst-ticker newst-backend lpr em-term term ehelp electric pdbtrack
whitespace paren time winner mime-w3m mime eword-decode mel path-util
mime-parse std11 luna mime-def mcharset mcs-20 mcs-e20 pces pces-e20
pces-20 broken pcustom poe w3m-load help-mode view avoid recentf
tree-widget savehist googlecl google-maps google-maps-static
google-maps-geocode google-maps-base json simple-call-tree
el-expectations el-mock csv2org iedit zop-to-char mule-util alist pym
static apel-ver product elscreen smallurl mm-url xml-weather
rectangle-utils tv-utils pcvs pcvs-parse pcvs-info pcvs-defs
auto-document autodoc mb-depth ioccur moz cl-info slime hideshow
hyperspec slime-autoloads boxquote rect ledger-config ledger esh-arg
esh-util woman man esh-toggle em-xtra flymake ipython python-mode
info-look ansi-color executable shell eldoc-eval eldoc no-word
regex-tool dired-extension image-dired yaoddmuse skeleton sgml-mode
emms-mplayer-config emms-playlist-limit emms-volume emms-volume-amixer
emms-i18n emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info
emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-lastfm-client parse-time
emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort
emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time
emms-lyrics emms-url hl-line emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line
emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode
emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer emms-info emms-streams later-do
emms-source-playlist emms-source-file emms-player-simple emms-setup emms
emms-compat dvc-init bzr-gnus tla-gnus xgit-gnus xhg-gnus gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nnir gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group
gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader dvc-gnus tla-core tla-autoconf tla-defs
dvc-log vc vc-dispatcher dvc-unified dvc-tips ediff-merg ediff-diff
ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff
dvc-autoloads dvc-core dvc-lisp dvc-buffers dvc-ui dvc-register
dvc-utils dvc-emacs ewoc dvc-defs dvc-site psvn log-edit pcvs-util
add-log diff-mode htmlize-hack htmlize muse-colors muse-docbook
muse-texinfo texnfo-upd texinfo muse-latex muse-html muse-xml-common
muse-wiki cus-edit cus-start cus-load muse-publish muse-project
muse-protocols muse-regexps muse muse-nested-tags muse-mode
muse-autoloads org-config-thierry org-crypt cal-china lunar solar
cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs vc-hg
org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo
org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-info org-gnus
org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-agenda appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs org-annotation-helper org-capture org-mks remember
org-remember org-datetree config-w3m w3m doc-view jka-compr image-mode
timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems wid-edit w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon
w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util addressbook-bookmark message rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader firefox-protocol
bookmark-uzbl-handler bookmark-firefox-handler bookmark-extensions org
ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src
ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-compat org-entities org-macs noutline outline cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs bookmark pp init-anything-thierry descbinds-anything
shell-history anything-complete anything-show-completion
anything-obsolete anything-delicious anything-mercurial anything-stgit
anything-config browse-url rx anything-match-plugin xml url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-util
url-parse url-vars mailcap grep compile comint ring tramp tramp-compat
format-spec tramp-loaddefs dired-x dired-aux dired regexp-opt ffap
thingatpt anything warnings epa-file epa derived epg epg-config
auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp assoc
gnus-util time-date mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache usage-memo
eev-thierry edmacro kmacro iterator eev-all eev-mini-steps
eev-browse-url eev-langs eev-compose eev-glyphs disp-table eev-insert
eev-steps eev-bounded eev easy-mmode advice help-fns advice-preload cl
w3m-wget preview-latex tex-site auto-loads info easymenu tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
A+ Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997