Subject: 24.0.50; Comment-line continuation not highlighted correctly in c-mode.

From: Alexander Duscheleit <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 01:04:54 +0200

At least in C and C++ modes comment line continuations (aka ending in
'\') are not highlighted correcly.

Th following code snipped demonstrates the wrong behaviour:
else if (code == 200) {     // Downloading whole file
    /* Write new file (plus allow reading once we finish) */
    // FIXME Win32 native version fails here because Microsoft's version of tmpfile() creates the file in C:\
    g = fname ? fopen(fname, "w+") : tmpfile();
}

Although the //FIXME line ends in a backslash, Emacs renders the
following line as normal code.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.5)
 of 2011-08-23 on hydra
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11003901
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--localstatedir=/var' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--without-sound' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,--hash-style=gnu -Wl,--as-needed''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x <up> r e p o r t <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
goto-history-element: Beginning of history; no preceding item

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message idna rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug tango-dark-theme
org-google-weather solar cal-dst regexp-opt cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs format-spec google-weather cl xml url-cache url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-util
url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
macroexp assoc gnus-util password-cache url-vars mm-util mail-prsvr
mailcap linum auctex-autoloads tex-site info easymenu
clojure-mode-autoloads dired-single-autoloads magit-autoloads
multi-term-autoloads paredit-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads
slime-repl-autoloads slime-autoloads package tabulated-list mime-w3m
advice help-fns advice-preload w3m-load time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

--