Subject: bug#9382: closed (Re: bug#9382: Need an option for the default forwarding method)

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 11:33:55 +0100

Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm referring to this:
>
>   *Non-nil means show forwarded messages as MML (decoded from MIME).
>
> It's not a matter of how they're "shown," but how they're
> represented/enclosed in the new message.  The rest of the text doesn't
> do anything to disabuse the reader of the impression that it's a
> display-only thing.

It is virtually only a display-only thing.  If
`message-forward-show-mml' is nil, the Message buffer will show the raw
MIME message, as it'll be shown after forwarding.  If non-nil, it'll
decode the MIME to MML, and then (of course) re-encode to MIME again
when sending.

Unless I misunderstand what you're saying...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Sent from my Rome