Subject: bug#9382: Need an option for the default forwarding method

From: Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 14:09:27 -0800

If I don't want to do simple inlining, the default prefix argument (nil)
for gnus-summary-mail-forward results in attachments that are unreadable
on iPhones and iPads.  They don't seem to like multipart/alternative.
Any of the other prefix arguments (1-5) will work, with 2 and 3 giving
the results I like best.  I don't want to have to use a prefix every
time just to make sure my forwarded messages are received.  It would be
nice if `message-forward-as-mime' could have more options that would let
me choose different mime forwarding by default, or if there were some
other mechanism to make the prefix unneeded.

No Gnus v0.18
GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0, Carbon Version 1.6.0 AppKit 1038.36)
 of 2011-07-31 on vulcan
200 Leafnode NNTP Daemon, version 1.11.8 running at localhost (my fqdn: pluto.boostpro.com)
500 Unknown command

-- 
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing
http://www.boostpro.com