Subject: bug#9378: 23.3; iswitchb-make-buflist returns a nonexistent buffer

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 21:28:59 -0400

"Paul Du Bois" wrote:

> this advice which is still in the file header comment block as of emacs
> 23:
>
> ;; Replacement for read-buffer
>
> ;; iswitchb-read-buffer has been written to be a drop in replacement
> ;; for the normal buffer selection routine `read-buffer'.  To use
> ;; iswitch for all buffer selections in Emacs, add:
> ;; (setq read-buffer-function 'iswitchb-read-buffer)
>
> I'll switch over, but from some experimentation, it seems like using
> read-buffer-function no longer works properly (for example, without
> the minibuffer-setup-hook, iswitchb-read-buffer is even less
> functional than the default). Perhaps that comment should be removed?

I don't use iswitchb, but I thought that comment was describing
something extra you can optionally do, beyond what iswitchb-mode (which
is mentioned at the start of the commentary) does by default.

lispref/minibuf.texi still refers to this, so would also need updating
if this is incorrect.