Subject: Re: bug#9366: Display geometry change hook

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 19:41:40 +0200

>>   > I didn't mean MS-Windows events (a.k.a. "messages"), I meant events in
 >>   > the Emacs event queue.  A message coming from the window manager
 >>   > doesn't have to be converted to an Emacs event, it can be handled
 >>   > directly.
 >>
 >> You mean that we'd have to put a function running the hook into the
 >> event queue when no input is allowed?
 >
 > Sorry, I don't think I understand this.  Can you explain what you
 > mean?
 >
 >> And running 'gui_set_fullscreen' OTOH can be handled directly?
 >
 > We already do that, no?

I probably didn't understand what you wrote first.  Let me ask it this
way: Since we can run 'gui_set_fullscreen' directly, then couldn't we
run 'display-geometry-change-hook' directly too?

martin