Subject: Re: bug#9349: 24.0.50; Weird text in info buffer

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:56:49 +0200

Hi Juri,

> If you wanted to search the word "see" to navigate between links
> then using TAB and S-TAB is an easier way to do the same.

Yes, I know.  I was not trying to navigate between links (I realized
it by a fluke).

> Maybe we should consider changing the default value of
> `Info-hide-note-references' to `hide' that will hide both verbs
> "*Note" and "See", because nowadays the users of web browsers
> understand that a blue underlined link implies a standard action
> to visit it, so no additional invitational verb is necessary.

But if you hide "See", the resulting wording will not make sense.

IMO, the problem is that you are seeing text in the buffer (and
therefore you think it belongs to the buffer), and yet you can't
search for it.

Besides, if you try to copy it and paste into another application, you
will also get an unexpected result (the pasted text will be the hidden
one).

-- 
Dani Moncayo