Subject: bug#9317: [PATCH] Don't install .dir-locals.el

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 23:04:09 -0400

> This is a minor bug but since the main .dir-locals.el in the toplevel of
> the repo isn't installed, neither should lisp/gnus/.dir-locals.el and
> maybe others.

I'm not sure it's something that needs fixing: the toplevel .dir-locals
has no clear destination (since the various subdirectories get installed
into different parts of the file system), where the
lisp/gnus/.dir-locals.el has a very clear destination, so I think it's
actually good to install it there.

        Stefan

> === modified file 'Makefile.in'
> --- Makefile.in	2011-07-09 00:18:49 +0000
> +++ Makefile.in	2011-08-18 03:45:26 +0000
> @@ -535,6 +535,7 @@
>  		rm -f  $${subdir}/.gitignore ; \
>  		rm -f  $${subdir}/.arch-inventory ; \
>  		rm -f  $${subdir}/.DS_Store ; \
> +		rm -f  $${subdir}/.dir-locals.el ; \
>  		rm -f  $${subdir}/\#* ; \
>  		rm -f  $${subdir}/.\#* ; \
>  		rm -f  $${subdir}/*~ ; \