Subject: bug#9312: 24.0.50; smtpmail

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 23:51:13 +0200

emacs user <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>> Result: (nil "te peer\nMAIL FROM:<[email-masked]> SIZE=374")
>>>> Result: (nil "te peer\nMAIL FROM:<[email-masked]> SIZE=374")
>>>
>>> Is that the value of the `result' variable?
>>
>> I believe it is.  am not too much of an expert...
>>
>
> interestingly, when using gmail for smtp (which works fine for me),
> result gets the very different value
>
>  (250 "250 2.1.0 OK somerandomlettershere.19")

Interesting.  I wonder whether there's a race condition in
`smtpmail-read-response', because the thing you're getting back from
that function is just wrong.

Could you do the following?  After you've gotten the (nil "te peer")
thing back, could you switch to the "*trace of SMTP session ..."
buffer and post the entire contents of that buffer?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/