Subject: bug#9312: 24.0.50; smtpmail

From: emacs user <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 23:15:22 +0300

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 8:39 AM, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:
> emacs user <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> error: "Process smtpmail not running"
>
> This just means that the SMTP server closed the connection, probably
> because you took too long.  Try SPC-ing faster.  :-)

OK, tried again, *much* faster...  same response.  I actually get this
error message also when not using edebug.  here is the traceback.
admittedly, I switched by smtp server away from this one, so am not
affected by this bug personally.  will still be glad to explore this
some more if you feel this may be useful.  cheers, E

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Process smtpmail not running")
  process-send-string(#<process smtpmail> "QUIT")
  smtpmail-send-command(#<process smtpmail> "QUIT")
  byte-code("
  smtpmail-via-smtp((#("xx@yy" 0 4 (fontified nil) 4 14 (fontified
nil) 14 28 (fontified nil))) #<buffer  smtpmail temp>)
  smtpmail-send-it()
  mail-send()
  vm-mail-send()
  vm-mail-send-and-exit(nil)
  call-interactively(vm-mail-send-and-exit nil nil)