Subject: bug#9311: 23.3.50; Can't load some byte-compiled files on Windows

From: Kazuhiro Ito <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 09:24:43 +0900

I wrote c:/test.el as below and byte-compiled it.

(defun test ()
  (let ((l 1))
    (dotimes (i 100)
      nil)))

When I load it by load function with absolute path as below, I can't
load it and below message is displayed.  But it doesn't raise error.

(load "c:/test")
-> End of file during parsing: c:/test.elc

It doesn't occur with relative path from home directory or Linux
environment.  I confirmed it occurs with Windows environment and
absolute path, and it depends on the content of .el file (i.e. not all
.elc files can't be read).  It also occurs with pre-compiled binary
(*1).

(*1) http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs/windows/emacs-23.3-bin-i386.zip

-- 
Kazuhiro Ito