Subject: bug#9306: Java build errors due to trailing colon in CLASSPATH

From: "Daniel Richard G." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 15:10:11 -0400

On Tue, 2011 Aug 16 15:30+0200, Stefano Lattarini wrote:
>
> Luckily, as far as I know, the above construct should be portable to
> all non-museum shells.  So I've used it with only a minor modification
> (with the only purpose of making the contruct slighlty clearer):
>
>   CLASSPATH=mumblemumble$${CLASSPATH:+":$$CLASSPATH"}

The extra clarity is appreciated; I'm still not used to doing these
special variable dereferences :-)

> I can reproduce the problem using your test case, and fix it using
> your suggestion.  I've preparad the attached patch, which I will push
> in a couple of days if there are no further comments.

The patch works for me, and I defer to you on older shells being able to
handle this.

> BTW, are you the same "Daniel Richard G." listed in THANKS with the
> address "[email-masked]"?  If yes, should I update your
> address there?

The same! That's my work address, and while it remains active, my
personal address (@iskunk.org) is the one I usually go by in this realm.
Please feel free to update the entry.

Regards,

--Daniel

-- 
NAME = Daniel Richard G.     _\|/_    Remember, skunks
MAIL = [email-masked]     (/o|o\) _- don't smell bad---
MAIL+= [email-masked]   < (^),>     it's the people who
WWW  = (not there yet!)      /   \      annoy us that do!