Subject: Re: bug#9302: nmail-extra-headers too mysterious

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 16:58:09 +0200

Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]> writes:

> * We have a command `gnus-summary-limit-to-address' that won't function
>   correctly in Gnus' default configuration

Yes.  There's bits and pieces in Gnus for people with special
configurations and setups.

> * It generates a warning about a variable whose connection to the
>   problem is non-obvious from its documentation
>
>   (BTW, what's the difference between gnus-extra-headers and
>   nnmail-extra-headers?)

The latter says what extra headers the backends should try to give to
Gnus, if possible.  

> I feel like I just got lucky and noticed that my configuration was
> wrong, but wasn't given the tools to understand how the configuration
> should have been set up to begin with.  Shouldn't `/ A' check to see
> whether `Cc:' has been parsed and ask whether I want to add it to
> `nnmail-extra-headers'?

`/ A' can't know whether the missing presence of Cc is due to one or the
other.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/