Subject: bug#9302: nmail-extra-headers too mysterious

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 21:07:32 +0200

Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> I just saw this message flash by:
>>>
>>>   `Cc' isn't present in `nnmail-extra-headers'
>>>
>>> which is mysterious enough as it is, and should be more descriptive.
>>> Why would I care that `Cc' isn't present in `nnmail-extra-headers'?  Why
>>> would Gnus care?
>>
>> Because you tried to limit the summary buffer (or something like that)
>> using criteria Gnus didn't have, because `nnmail-extra-headers' didn't
>> include Cc.
>
> Interesting... now *that* would make an informative error message!  How
> about changing it to something based on what you wrote above?

It's too long.  I think the current message is a clear enough hint what
you have to twiddle if you want that functionality.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/