Subject: Re: bug#9296: 24.0.50; next-line/prev-line on lines with images

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 13:26:45 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> If it's "emacs -Q", how come you told a few messages back that column
> 60 is the column where text is truncated?

Because there's an image at the beginning of the line which takes about
20 characters.

> And what does it say in Emacs 23.3?  It doesn't say "0", does it?

No, it says "1".

> Anyway, I spotted something that could explain what you see; please
> try revision 105451.

And now it says "0", which is even better.  :-)

Thanks for digging into this, Emacs 24 now works better than Emacs 23
here, so I'm closing the report.  (The other bug, with the cursor
advancing the width of the image when scrolling the buffer, is still
present, as it was in Emacs 23, but that's a separate bug.)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/