Subject: Re: bug#9296: 24.0.50; next-line/prev-line on lines with images

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 14:13:48 +0300

> Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 10:17:43 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 22:56:57 +0200
> > 
> > If there's an image at the beginning of a line, hitting `next-line' will
> > go to the previous line, but put the cursor at the end of the line.  The
> > same with `previous-line'.
> 
> Can you please show an example file that could be used to reproduce
> this?

But before you do, please try revision 105447 on the trunk, where I
think I fixed this.  If not, please reopen this bug with an example
where vertical cursor motion doesn't DTRT.  (I used the Speedbar frame
and a small home-made buffer whose line beginnings were covered by a
display property with image spec as the value.)