Subject: 23.3; Gnus tries to verify cancel lock set by news server

From: Thomas Hühn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 19:25:03 +0200

Hi

I am using a news server that is setting cancel locks itself (a large number
of German news servers do not honor cancels unprotected by canlock anymore, so
quite a few INNs have been patched to insert and verify canlocks by
themselves).

Unfortunately Gnus does not have a knob to influence canlock verification in
such a way that the user could say "Hey, ignore the cancel lock, because I
don't have the cancel key. But it's alright, my news server is going to verify
it using its own cancel key".

Could you please provide such a knob?

Thomas

In GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2011-03-10 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5) --no-opt --cflags -Ic:/imagesupport/include'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: DEU
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-x g n u s <return> M-x r 
e p o r t <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Opening nnfolder server on archive...done
Reading active file from archive via nnfolder...done
Opening nntp server on news.szaf.org...done
Subscribe newsgroup: nnfolder+archive:sent-mail
Opening nntp server on news.gmane.org...done
1 new newsgroup has arrived
Checking new news...
Bootstrapping marks for sent-mail...done
Opening nndoc server on gnus-help...done
Checking new news...done

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug gnus-topic nndoc parse-time timezone nnfolder
nndraft nnmh auth-source gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 pgg pgg-parse pgg-def epg-config mm-view smime
dig nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
format-spec gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems
slime-autoloads smtpmail sendmail regexp-opt message ecomplete rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util
netrc time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit mailheader canlock sha1
hex-util hashcash mail-utils tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image
fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process multi-tty emacs)