From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 12:14:37 +0100

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> Contrary to my hopes this part was in fact _not_ converted to Lisp with
> the merge of scratch/substitute-command-keys.  This was due to poor
> performance of my Lisp version of that code.  So this should be as easy
> or hard as it was before to fix.

Right.

So, here's the test case (since one wasn't given in the original bug
report):

C-x C-f file.tgz RET
M-x view-mode RET
C-h m

Notice

key             binding
---             -------

0 .. 9		digit-argument  (binding currently shadowed)
e .. f		tar-extract  (binding currently shadowed)

This is both confusing and...  wrong?

`C-h c e' does say "e runs the command View-exit", but
`C-h c f' says "f runs the command tar-extract".

And all of keys `0' through `9' really do call `digit-argument', so that
one is just totally wrong.

So there's a bug here, and an improvement request in addition.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no