Subject: Re: bug#9280: 24.0.50; default value of epa-file-select-keys should be nil

From: Daiki Ueno <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 11:51:53 +0900

"Roland Winkler" <[email-masked]> writes:

> In a way, I am a bit surprised about the rationale for these changes.
>
> - the default value of epa-file-select-keys was changed because of
>   ~/.authinfo.gpg. But obviously this change affects many completely
>   unrelated situations, too.

Right.

> - Now the value of epa-file-select-keys is not a problem anymore
>   because ~/.authinfo.gpg by default got renamed to ~/.authinfo,
>   which is causing new problems, see #9113. 

I think Ted is working on making ~/.authinfo partially encrypted, though
it won't work with GnuPG2 and/or gpg-agent and calls gpg program many
times.

Maybe you could try: (setq auth-sources '("~/.emacs.d/auth.plist"))
*.plist file is handled by a different backend which I added recently,
that supports partial encryption without hassles.

Regards,
-- 
Daiki Ueno