Subject: bug#9264: 24.0.50; (file-error "Creating process pipe" "no error")

From: William Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 16:25:31 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

   Not sure yet, but it sounds unlikely (the limit is on simultaneous
   processes).  Do you see the value of rc becoming negative at some
   point?  If so, does _pipe return a negative value, or does it become
   negative in this fragment below the call to _pipe?

         if (phandles[0] >= MAXDESC || phandles[1] >= MAXDESC)
       {
         _close (phandles[0]);
         _close (phandles[1]);
         rc = -1;
       }

   If the latter, it sounds like we are not closing the file handles
   somewhere.

I put a printf after "rc = -1".  I can see lots of logs from there.
_pipe never returns a negative value.

-- 
William

http://xwl.appspot.com