Subject: bug#9246: Scrolling bug with word-wrap in emacs -nw

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 16:47:01 +0200

> From: Antoine Levitt <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Thomas Riccardi <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 14:57:39 +0100
> 
> I don't know a simpler way - at least, not without understanding
> erc-scrolltobottom, which I don't.

What is erc-scrolltobottom?

> How does erc fail?

It turns out, it doesn't always fail.  When it does, it shows this in
the echo area:

   make client process failed: connection timed out, :name, erc-irc.freenode.net-6667, :buffer, nil, :host, irc.freenode.net, :service, 6667, :nowait, nil

Anyway, I tried on a different system, where I have better luck
connecting, and I cannot reproduce the problem here, with the latest
trunk.  I typed a very long link, then typed some random lines until
the window was full, and didn't see any hell break lose on me.

Can you copy-paste the exact text you type into the ERC window to
reproduce this bug, starting with the connection, and everything you
do afterwards?