Subject: bug#9244: 24.0.50; Server put offline without any prompt

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 18:48:13 +0100

Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Maybe errored-offline / errored-denied groups could get 2 special faces
> in the group buffer?  That would give a visual indication without
> necessarily interrupting the user.
>
> I think strike-through would be a perfect visual emphasis for this.

One of the reasons for having the Agent at all is that you're supposed
to be able to read the groups if the server is down.  (Or, as in the
example, you typed the wrong password.)

So I think what Gnus does here is what it's supposed to, but I agree
with Ted's suggestion of marking the groups that are from servers that
Gnus thinks are down specially.

Strike-through is kinda intrusive, though.  Something a bit more subtle
would be nice...  or perhaps just a mark at the beginning of the line,
like what we do with non-Agented groups from servers that are down.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Sent from my Rome