Subject: bug#9243: 24.0.50; Gnus keeps seeing 101 unread spam

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 21:19:37 +0200

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

> I know that.  But what I'm describing is different:
> - `g' tells me N unread articles
> - then RET enters the group to discover there aren't any unread article
> - so I exit and hit `g' again
> - at which point Gnus tells me again that there are N (same N as before)
>   unread articles.

Aha.  Hm.

One thing that I think may have that effect is if the Agent is really
wonky, for some reason or other.

When this happens next time, can you have a peek in 

~/News/agent/nntp/<server>/agent.lib/active

and see whether the data for the group in question looks reasonable?

I'm just guessing, though...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen