Subject: Re: bug#9210: Documentation: misleading wording

From: Bob Friesenhahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 10:59:48 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011, Christophe Jarry wrote:

> Bob,
>
> As a GNU maintainer, you have to comply with the document named "Information
> for Maintainers of GNU Software":

The contract I signed with the FSF does not support anyone ordering me 
to do anything.  Of course any contributions I may make will follow 
the FSF maintainer rules (existing at the time) as much as is 
reasonable.

Currently there are 8 instances of bare 'Linux' in the Libtool manual 
and 26 in the Libtool ChangeLogs.  If one searches through all files 
in a configured libtool source tree, there are 290 instances.

Other FSF packages have similar issues.

Bob
-- 
Bob Friesenhahn
[email-masked], http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/
GraphicsMagick Maintainer,    http://www.GraphicsMagick.org/