Subject: Re: bug#9209: bidi slowdown

From: emacs user <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 18:58:57 -0600

sorry for the delay.  when using the version of vm suggested by Uday,
the slowness is gone and things work fine (thanks Uday!).  if I do
describe variable in the summary buffer I get:

bidi-paragraph-direction is a variable defined in `C source code'.
Its value is left-to-right
Local in buffer RMAIL Summary; global value is nil

BTW, bidi in emacs is an absolutely wonderful addition, thanks for
doing this...!  cheers, E

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 2:10 PM, Uday S Reddy <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Eli Zaretskii writes:
>
>> > What needs to be done? set bidi-paragraph-direction to 'left-to-right?
>>
>> Yes, in the summary buffer.
>
> Ok, Eli, please try the revision 882 in the 8.2.x branch.
>
> Cheers,
> Uday
>