Subject: Re: 24.0.50; Visiting a remote file in one server, when default directory is in another one

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 18:36:23 +0200

Hi Michael,

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 17:10, Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> This is the intended behaviour. When your buffer's default directory is
> remote and you want to open a local file or a file on another remote
> server, you need three slashes, like this:
>
>  /user-a@host-a:/dir-a///user-b@host-b:/path-to-some-file
>
> See also (info "(tramp)Filename completion")

I intuitively expected such behavior because I had read nodes [1] and
[2], but not [3].

Maybe the explanation of "ignored chunks in find-file input" in node
[1] should be generalized to take remote files into account, or at
least add some link to node [3].

Anyway, I now understand the current behavior, and you can close this
bug report.

Thanks.

Footnotes:
[1] "(emacs)Minibuffer File"
[2] "(emacs)Remote Files"
[3] "(tramp)Filename completion"

-- 
Dani Moncayo