Subject: bug#9181: closed (Re: bug#9181: 24.0.50; Alpha transparency no longer works)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 11:15:03 +0000

Your bug report

#9181: 24.0.50; Alpha transparency no longer works

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
9181: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=9181
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#9181: 24.0.50; Alpha transparency no longer works
From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
To: Luka Novsak <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 13:14:06 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello.

I've added setting the property on the topmost window manager window to work 
around broken WM:s.  Please test it.

Thanks,

	Jan D.

Subject: 24.0.50; Alpha transparency no longer works
From: Luka Novsak <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 22:41:09 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

My last build of emacs from source checked out of the trunk on
2011-07-21 broke transparency. My former build was several weeks old, so
can't say how old this is exactly.

Starting from emacs -Q I do (set-frame-parameter (selected-frame) 'alpha
'(90 90)), which should(?) work, but doesn't anymore.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.4)
 of 2011-07-21 on killer
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11002902
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.utf8
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-log-mode: t
  erc-truncate-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  global-subword-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  erc-highlight-nicknames-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  nxhtml-menu-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Checking 87 files in /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/calc...
Checking 65 files in /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/obsolete...
Checking 1 files in /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/leim...
Checking for load-path shadows...done
GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.4) of 2011-07-21 on killer
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only
Auto-saving...done
Mark set [2 times]
Quit
Message modified; kill anyway? (y or n)  y

Load-path shadows:
/home/luka/.emacs.d/nxhtml/tests/ert hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/ert

Features:
(shadow sort fortune mail-extr message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
emacsbug ind-util sh-script executable image-mode tramp-sh shell
tramp-cache help-mode view compile nxml-uchnm rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc
rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns
nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok
conf-mode newcomment iso-transl org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe
org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp
org-exp-blocks org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex org-bbdb
org-habit org-agenda tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs multi-isearch
network-stream auth-source eieio password-cache starttls tls erc-menu
erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-track erc-match
erc-netsplit erc-log erc-truncate eldoc server paren icomplete subword
slime-repl my-look color-theme-subdued color-theme-less
color-theme-hober2 color-theme-gruber-darker color-theme-arjen-new
color-theme sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums reporter my-ruby
my-python my-php php-mode add-log etags cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe assoc my-org org warnings ob-emacs-lisp
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys
ob ob-eval org-complete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-compat
org-entities org-macs noutline outline cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
my-gnus gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr
my-erc erc-highlight-nicknames erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp wid-edit
erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec slime byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp derived apropos hideshow easymenu
pp comint ring hyperspec thingatpt browse-url idomenu imenu ido
clojure-mode regexp-opt android-mode easy-mmode edmacro kmacro cl
flymake-files advice help-fns advice-preload flymakemsg nxhtml-autostart
nxhtml-autoload majmodpri vc-git nxhtml-menu web-autoload nxhtml-base
time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Luka Novsak

Wagner's music is better than it sounds.
		-- Mark Twain