Subject: Re: bug#9181: 24.0.50; Alpha transparency no longer works

From: David De La Harpe Golden <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 09:22:28 +0100

On 03/08/11 09:13, Jan Djärv wrote:
>
>
> Luka Novsak skrev 2011-08-02 22:23:
>> On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Jan Djärv<[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> Do not remove the debbugs address, sending again with it.
>>
>> Silly gmail did it.
>>
>> Anyway, I've reported this upstream with Openbox, for one. However
>> even if they fix it, this will remain broken with many WMs still out
>> there.
>
> Which WM:s?
>

...I've yet to encounter any that propagate the property...

Now-typical combined compositing/window managers read the property from 
the client's window anyway (and don't propagate). If it is ever 
standardised, I'd kind of expect it to be standardised without the 
propagation (but still with the client's window being the right place 
for the client to set it, so the difference is somewhat academic).