Subject: Re: bug#9181: 24.0.50; Alpha transparency no longer works

From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 09:04:28 +0200

Hi.

Do not remove the debbugs address, sending again with it.

Luka Novsak skrev 2011-07-29 19:44:
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Jan Djärv<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>> It is not xcompmgr that is buggy, it it the window manager.  But the bug
>> report does not say what window manager is used.
>
> I first noticed this with Openbox, but I tried with a few others as well.
>
> If the rules regarding setting this property are not found in the
> specification, should emacs not for now stick with what works, and
> just set it on the frame window, instead of relying on the window
> manager, many of which do not seem to propagate this value to the
> frame they create? This indeed seems to be standard practice with
> every other piece of software which works with transparency (urxvt,
> tint2, conky, ...).

None of urxvt, tint2 or conky sets _NET_WM_WINDOW_OPACITY.

     Jan D.