Subject: bug#9179: 24.0.50; Org-agenda window splitting does not use full frame when fraction set to 1.0

From: [email-masked] (Joel J. Adamson)
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 10:42:52 -0400

1. M-: (setq org-agenda-window-frame-fractions '(1.0 . 1.0)) RET
2. M-x org-agenda a

Expected results: The *Org Agenda* buffer occupies the entire frame
Actual results: The *Org Agenda* buffer occupies the entire frame EXCEPT
for a five line window at the top of the frame

Other relevant data: Org-mode version 7.4

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.0)
 of 2011-07-26 on edna
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.10905000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr' 'CFLAGS=-DNDEBUG -O3 -mtune=native''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  iswitchb-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  epa-global-mail-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x s u b SPC m M-D M-D r e p o r t SPC e m a <tab> 
<return>

Recent messages:
Loading which-func...done
Loading /home/joel/.emacs-custom.el (source)...done
Omitting...
(Nothing to omit)
Appointment reminders enabled (no diary file found)
Loading /home/joel/.emacs.d/dvc/dvc-load.el (source)...done
OVERVIEW
Restoring clock data
Loading /home/joel/.emacs.d/org-clock-save.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type <f1> C-a.

Load-path shadows:
/home/joel/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.86/tex-site hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tex-site

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime password-cache dig mailcap nnir gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group
gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
gnus-win message idna format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr
wid-edit emacsbug footnote org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe
org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp
org-exp-blocks org-agenda org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex
org-bbdb auctex-autoloads info package tabulated-list iswitchb
dvc-autoloads dvc-core dvc-lisp dvc-buffers dvc-ui dvc-register
dvc-utils dvc-emacs ewoc dvc-defs dvc-site org-clock org byte-opt
warnings bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint comint ob-keys ob
ob-eval org-complete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-compat
org-entities org-macs noutline outline easy-mmode server appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs ansi-color xcscope ring
c-eldoc cl cc-defs eldoc auto-complete-config auto-complete edmacro
kmacro popup ibuf-ext ibuffer reftex reftex-vars dired-x easymenu dired
bbdb regexp-opt timezone uniquify advice help-fns advice-preload
wheatgrass-theme which-func imenu paren savehist avoid epa-mail
mail-utils epa derived epg epg-config time cus-start cus-load time-date
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Joel J. Adamson	-- http://www.unc.edu/~adamsonj
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
CB #3280, Coker Hall
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3280