Subject: Re: bug#9158: 24.0.50; Regression in e-mail heade completion

From: Ivan Kanis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 15:00:49 +0200

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> I get the message "completion for "foo" unfound" which is fine. The bug
>> is that the cursor moves forward several spaces.  Apparently
>> indent-relative gets called when it shouldn't.
>> I expected the cursor to remain at the end of the entry that did not
>> match.  It worked fine on 23.3.
>
> The way the new code works can't handle this correctly because the BBDB
> code doesn't indicate that something happened: it just always returns nil
> whether something was done or not.
> The new BBDB-3 has fixed this, AFAIK, so you may want to try that out.

Hi Stefan,

I have just installed bbdb 3. It doesn't fix it. I'll reopen the bug
because it's a regression.

Take care,
-- 
Ivan Kanis
http://kanis.fr

It's not always the actual work that is the hardest part of a job and
success—it's the decisions, compromises and choices that need to be
made.
    -- Barbara Abrams Mintzer