Subject: Icon hocus pocus switcheroo

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 01:30:11 +0800

Try this simple experiment.

That is bound to drive you batty.

$ emacs -Q

Now keep your eyes on the icon bar at the bottom of your screen.

You notice the little Gnu animal icon and next to it nurdsburg@nurdmachine1
or whatever your name is.

OK, keep your eyes upon that little Gnu animal.

Now type C-x k
not even a RET needed.
Or even just a C-x b, etc.

Note how the little Gnu animal has changed into an "E",
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/24x24/apps/emacs-snapshot.png !

And it stays that way for the rest of the session.

And it looks rather quite like the iceweasel icon (=Firefox of Debian).

Annoyingly confusingly so.

And there's no way to stop it from changing into that wretched "E".

And just stay put as that Gnu animal, like it was when we started the
session.

emacs-snapshot:
  Installed: 1:20110721-1