Subject: Re: bug#9146: Acknowledgement (24.0.50; M-x broken in console mode with viper (always gives: "viper bell"))

From: Stefano Zacchiroli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 09:25:31 +0200

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 10:46:02AM +0000, GNU bug Tracking System wrote:
> If you wish to submit further information on this problem, please
> send it to [email-masked].

Heya, any news about this?  I test it routinely with new development
snapshots and I can still reproduce it. I'm starting to fear emacs 24
can be released with this bug, de facto making viper mode unusable for
emacsclient console users.

I'll be happy to investigate it a bit more, but I'd appreciate if the
maintainers can check that I'm not the only one being able to reproduce
this.

Many thanks in advance,
Cheers.
-- 
Stefano Zacchiroli     zack@{upsilon.cc,pps.jussieu.fr,debian.org} . o .
Maître de conférences   ......   http://upsilon.cc/zack   ......   . . o
Debian Project Leader    .......   @zack on identi.ca   .......    o o o
« the first rule of tautology club is the first rule of tautology club »