Subject: "BUG" in dd when pushing output over ssh

From: Andrew Lisciandrello <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 21:36:27 -0400

Hello,

I came across this bug, I don't know what it means but I figured you may
want to see it.

Text States:
"BUG: Bad page state in process dd   pfm:98a00
page:ffffea0002163000 flags:4000000000000000 count:0 mapcount:0
mapping:020000000"

What I did to produce this error:
Boot two Laptops with identical HDDs with the archlinux(x64) netboot .iso,
imaged onto USB.
Install openssh on both.
connect both to a linksys router acting as a switch and WAP with DD-WRT
   please note: this router may be dropping packets or doing something else
equally stupid.
run # dd if=/dev/sda | ssh root@host "dd of=/dev/sda"

--Andrew Lisciandrello

P.S. If my first email made it though your span filter, I apoligize, for the
duplicate ticket.