Subject: bug#9136: closed (Re: bug#9136: Random backtrace from gnus-article-stop-animations)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 16:41:20 +0000

Your bug report

#9136: Random backtrace from gnus-article-stop-animations

which was filed against the gnus package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
9136: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=9136
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#9136: Random backtrace from gnus-article-stop-animations
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] (Dave Goldberg)
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 18:39:51 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

[email-masked] (Dave Goldberg) writes:

> I've run gnus-article-stop-animations under edebug and have discovered
> new information.

This was fixed earlier today by a patch from Marcus Harnisch.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/

Subject: Random backtrace from gnus-article-stop-animations
From: [email-masked] (Dave Goldberg)
To: [email-masked] (The Gnus Bugfixing Girls + Boys)
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 23:52:02 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Since doing a git pull last week, after three weeks vacation during
which I did not do any updates (so roughly somewhere between 20 June
and 11 July; I am pretty sure that I noticed
gnus-article-stop-animations listed as new in the changelog in that
timeframe) I sometimes get into a situation in which attempting to
open any article results in this backtrace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument arrayp ("run-at-time<5>" 1 1 article-update-date-lapsed nil t nil (0 0 0)))
  gnus-article-stop-animations()
  gnus-article-setup-buffer()
  gnus-article-prepare(112249 nil)
  gnus-summary-display-article(112249 nil)
  gnus-summary-select-article(nil force)
  gnus-summary-show-article(nil)
  call-interactively(gnus-summary-show-article)

The only recourse is to kill xemacs and start over.  I cannot figure
out what triggers it.  I may go a day or two without experiencing it
at all and then, like today, have it hit me three times in a couple
hours.

Sometimes the argument in the backtrace refers to a different timer,
such as the one that determines how long to cache my certificate
passphrase.

No Gnus v0.18
XEmacs 21.4 (patch 22) "Instant Classic" [Lucid] (x86_64-unknown-linux, Mule) of Wed Sep  9 2009 on davestoy

Thanks,
-- 
Dave Goldberg
[email-masked]