Subject: bug#9132: 24.0.50; bootstrap failure on windows

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 10:08:08 -0400

> * Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> [2011-07-22 09:00:30 +0300]:
>
> So the symbol is bound, but Emacs thinks it's not a function?  What
> does this print?
>
>   "./../src/oo/i386/emacs.exe" -batch -l ../lisp/emacs-lisp/bytecomp.el
> --eval "(print (symbol-function 'batch-byte-compile))"

(closure (byte-compile--for-effect print-gensym-alist byte-compile--outbuffer by
te-compiler-error-flag byte-compile-free-assignments byte-compile-free-reference
s t) (&optional noforce) "Run `byte-compile-file' on the files remaining on the
command line.
Use this from the command line, with `-batch';
it won't work in an interactive Emacs.
Each file is processed even if an error occurred previously.
For example, invoke \"emacs -batch -f batch-byte-compile $emacs/ ~/*.el\".
If NOFORCE is non-nil, don't recompile a file that seems to be
already up-to-date." (defvar command-line-args-left) (if (not noninteractive) (e
rror "`batch-byte-compile' is to be used only with -batch")) (let ((error nil))
(while command-line-args-left (if (file-directory-p (expand-file-name (car comma
nd-line-args-left))) (let (source dest) (dolist (file (directory-files (car comm
and-line-args-left))) (if (and (string-match emacs-lisp-file-regexp file) (not (
auto-save-file-name-p file)) (setq source (expand-file-name file (car command-li
ne-args-left))) (setq dest (byte-compile-dest-file source)) (file-exists-p dest)
 (file-newer-than-file-p source dest)) (if (null (batch-byte-compile-file source
)) (setq error t))))) (if (or (not noforce) (let* ((source (car command-line-arg
s-left)) (dest (byte-compile-dest-file source))) (or (not (file-exists-p dest))
(file-newer-than-file-p source dest)))) (if (null (batch-byte-compile-file (car
command-line-args-left))) (setq error t)))) (setq command-line-args-left (cdr co
mmand-line-args-left))) (kill-emacs (if error 1 0))))

>> why do I have oo and oo-spd?!
>
> oo/ is the unoptimized build, oo-spd/ the optimized one.  Neat, ain't
> it?

I would prefer to be able to specify this from the configure command line.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on CentOS release 5.6 (Final) X 11.0.60900031
http://ffii.org http://memri.org http://palestinefacts.org
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/tap12009/ http://camera.org http://iris.org.il
Those, who refuse to do the math, are doomed to talk nonsense.